Monday, February 20, 2012

Link Mondays

Happy Monday everyone! Did you have a good weekend? We had a lazy weekend mostly, waiting for the weather to get better - it has been raining, snowing, sunny, raining iced rain the whole weekend long. We went out for a walk to a lake a few miles away from home early on Sunday morning and had to promptly turn back because it started raining ice! Big blobs of icy cold rain. And it was so windy - I could barely see anything because the rain kept hitting me on the face. Bah! I am so done with winter. Spring where are you?!? 


Things have been busy here at the Sunshine household. Mr. Sunshine has been working very hard, and I am back to being productive - writing and doing research. It is amazing how the mere act of moving can have such a negative impact on one's productivity. Thankfully, I am getting my groove back and getting more work done every day. I might just see the light at the end of the tunnel soon. I have started writing for the Stavanger Expats website - a great resource for expats seeking to move to or living in Stavanger and am also in the midst of starting and organizing a book, movie and wine club. All that is keeping me busy, and unfortunately keeping me away from the blog. I promise I will try to get more regular with the blog. 


Until then, here are a few things that intrigued me and made me smile this past week:


This SNL clip of last week's Weekend Update with Amy Poehler and Seth Myers about birth control and the all around fuckery (pardon my French, but all of this just makes me so mad) that is going on in the US regarding women's rights - the whole birth control issue, the proposed Virginia's ultrasound law, the proposed Oklahoma personhood law, and the stupid reaction of the conservatives towards Pentagon's decision to allow women in closer to combat roles. I heart Amy Poehler. 


These amazing jewel-like, fairy tale-ish paper installation by artist Kirsten Hassenfield. So pretty! I wouldn't mind having each one of them hanging in my home :-) Looks like a lot of her work was commissioned by Rice University in Houston. I will have to go see them when I visit Houston next. Via The Jealous Curator via Sycamore Street Press


This interesting article on why Pinterest is so addictive.


Paper cut film? Yes please! This gorgeous animated film made entirely using paper paper cuts called Les Trois Inventeurs or the Three Inventors by French writer Michel Ocelot. It is in French, but even if you don't speak French you can follow along. Via Craft Magazine.



0 comments:

Post a Comment